Bruce St. John Blake & Company Solicitors are a specialist law firm offering a wide range of Legal Services to both our Connect Trade Union members as well as to private clients.
For experienced and confidential advice on any of the above legal matters, contact us at our Galway Office, or by email.
Tel: +353 91 564236
Fax: +353 91 566088
Personal Injury at Work *
Employers have a duty of care to their employees. This means that the employer has a duty to provide a safe place of work and a safe system of work to their employees. The safe place of work includes provision of machinery and equipment which is fit for purpose. The employer also has a duty to provide the employees with training and adequate supervision.
All employers also have statutory duties which vary depending on the nature of the employment e.g. statutory duties in relation to working with electrical equipment or mechanical equipment will be specific to that particular type of work and will obviously differ from work place to work place.
If you or a family member has suffered a personal injury at work in the last 2 years as a result of employer negligence, you may be entitled to make a claim. For professional advice, call us and we will arrange a consultation to discuss your injury in confidence.
Industrial Injury/Illness *
Industrial Injury/Illness generally occurs after the employee is exposed to a dangerous substance in the workplace (such as chemicals or asbestos) or is engaged in harmful activities in the workplace. This exposure can result in injuries/illnesses such as lung disease, skin disease and occupational cancer and industrial deafness.
If you have a query in relation to an Industrial Injury/Illness, contact us and we will advise you of the legal steps involved in taking a claim.
Employment Law *
We at Bruce St. John Blake & Co. represent union members and private clients in all aspects of Employment Law including Unfair Dismissals, Bullying & Harassment, Breach of Contract, Employment Disputes, High Court Injunctions and Transfer of Undertakings. If you have been unfairly dismissed or if you feel that your employee rights have been breached call us now for support and advice.
Road Traffic Accidents *
If you have been involved in a road traffic accident and suffered a personal injury, whether you are a driver or passenger, you may be entitled to compensation. We at Bruce St. John Blake & Company understand that car accidents can be traumatic experiences. Talk to our expert legal team now and let us guide you through the personal injury litigation process.
Our Conveyancing Department deals with all aspects of property sales and purchase and can assist and advise clients on what can sometimes be complex and lengthy property transaction. Our services include;
- Purchase and sale of domestic properties
- Property/boundary disputes
- Transfer and registration of properties
- Examination of Property Title
Wills & Probate
We provide expert legal advice on Wills, probate matters, administration of estates including the appointment of executors etc.
* In contentious business, a legal practitioner shall not charge any amount in respect of legal costs expressed as a percentage or proportion of any damages (or other monies) that may become payable to his or her client or purport to set out the legal costs to be charged to a junior counsel as a specified percentage or proportion of the legal costs paid to a senior counsel. A legal practitioner shall not without the prior written agreement of his or her client deduct or appropriate any amount in respect of legal costs from the amount of any damages or monies that become payable to the client in respect of legal services that the legal practitioner provided to the client.